Many of us forget that our vehicles start due to the power provided by the car battery. As modern cars become more heavily reliant on technology-driven accessories, your battery has to supply more energy. On average, a car battery can last anyone between 3 to 5 years. Below are some of the signs that indicate your battery may be ready for a replacement:
- Problem with car starts - If you find that your battery constantly has to recharge and jump start your car, it may be time for a new battery. You can't depend on the cables forever as it could leave you completely stranded.
- Flickering/dimming lights - A common sign of a weakened battery is that the lights inside and outside of your vehicle appear dim.
- Electrical dashboard light on - Some cars have a special dashboard indicator that will signal you when there is something wrong with one or more of your electrical components. Whenever you see it come on, you should have your battery tested.
- Corrosion - Physical signs of deterioration often mean that your battery is on its way out. This green, blue, or white substance often forms around the battery terminals. You may also notice leaking fluid on the battery covering.
- Other electrical problems - Your electrical accessories, including power windows, radio, and seat warmers, may also falter as the weak battery can't supply all the power it has left at once. If you notice problems with these accessories, you should have a professional check out your battery.
If you are experiencing any one or more of the following symptoms above, we highly advise you to bring your car to Rix Automotive for a battery test. Our expert team can let you know whether you are due for a battery replacement.
For all your automotive needs in Mason, OH, please call or visit our auto repair shop today.